1983 – 1990 Kyungpook National University, Biology (BS)
1990 – 1992 Kyungpook National University, Biology (MS)
1993 – 1996 Kyungpook National University, Immunology (PhD)
2015 – Present : Director, Immune Synapse and Cell Therapy Research Center (Creative Research Initiative Program – NRF)
2017 – 2020 : Chairman, GIST Faculty Council
2015 – 2019 : Director, BioImaging Research Center
2011 – Present : Professor, School of Life Sciences, GIST
2010 – Present : Director, Immune Synapse Research Center
2015 – 2016 : Dean, School of Life Sciences, GIST, Korea
2006 – 2011 : Associate Professor, School of Life Sciences, GIST
2005 – 2006 : Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University
2000 – 2001 : Visiting Professor, Harvard Medical School, U.S.A
1998 – 2000 : Visiting Professor, Harvard Medical School, The Center for Blood Research, U.S.A.
1996 – 2005 : Full-time Instructor - Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University, Korea
1994 – 1996 : Research Scientist, Department of Biotechnology, Central Research Center, Ilyang Pharmaceutical Co., Korea
1992 – 1994 : Research Assistant, Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University, Korea
Award for Research Contribution (Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 2017)
Award for Research Contribution (Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 2016)
Award for GIST Education (Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 2013)
Award for best research (Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 2007)
Award for Contribution (Wonkawng University, 2002)
Young Scientist Fellowship (International Nitric Oxide Committee, 1997)
Immune synapses and kinapses
T-cell immunological synaptosomes
Cell adhes ion and migration in immunity
Immunotherapy and drug discovery in diseases associated with the immune system
2021 – Present : Vice president-elect, Korean Association of Immunologists
2019 – 2020 : Chairman, Academic Awards Committee, Korean Society for Molecular and Cellular Biology
2018 – 2019 : KAI delegate, Federation of Immunological Society of Asia and Oceania (FIMSA)
2016 – 2017 : President, Korean Society for Cell Biology
2016 – 2017 : Review Board (RB) of Immunology in the field of Medicine and Pharmacology, NRF
2015 – 2019 : Chairman, International Cooperation Committee, Korean Association of Immunologists
2015 – 2019 : KAI delegate, International Union of Immunological Society (IUIS)
2015 – 2016 : Vice-president, Korean Society for Cell Biology
2013 : Chairman of Winter Conference Committee, Korean Society for Molecular and Cellular Biology
2012 : Chairman of Academic Operation Committee, Korean Society for Molecular and Cellular Biology
2012 – Present : Editorial Staff, Korean Association of Immunologists
2009 – 2010 : Academic Committee, Korean Society for Cell Biology
2007 : Member of Scientific Program Affairs, International Congress on Cell Biology
2005 : Academic secretary, Korean Association of Immunologists
2006 – Present : Member, American Associate of Immunologists
2006 – Present : Member, American Society for Cell Biology
1996 – Present : Member, Korean Society for Molecular and Cellular Biology
1996 – Present : Member, Korean Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
1996 – Present : Member, Korean Society for Cell Biology
1996 – Present : Member, Korean Association of Immunologists
1. Kim CH, Park SM, Lee SJ, Kim YD, Jang SH, Woo SM, Kwon TK, Park ZY, Chung IJ, Kim HR, Jun CD. NSrp70 is a lymphocyte-essential splicing factor that controls thymocyte development. Nucleic Acids Res. 2021 May 25:gkab389. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkab389. Online ahead of print.PMID: 34037780
2. Lee HS, Kim J, Choi H, Kim EK, Jun CD. Licoricidin abrogates T cell activation by modulating PTPN1 activity and attenuates atopic dermatitis in vivo. J Invest Dermatol. 2021 Apr 12:S0022-202X(21)01144-1. doi: 10.1016/j.jid.2021.02.759.
3. Kim HR, Park JS, Hatice K, Fatima Y, Jun CD. Transgelin-2: a double-edged sword in immunity and cancer metastasis. Front. Cell Dev. Biol. 2021 April 04, 9:606149. doi: 10.3389/fcell.2021.606149.
4. Kim HR, Park JS, Park JH, Fatima Y, Kim CH, Oh SK, Chung IJ, Jun CD. Cell-permeable transgelin-2 as a potent therapeutic for dendritic cell-based cancer immunotherapy. J Hematol Oncol. 2021 Mar 17;14(1):43. doi: 10.1186/s13045-021-01058-6.
5. Kim HR, Park JS, Fatima Y, Kausar M, Park JH, Jun CD. Potentiating the antitumor activity of cytotoxic T cells via the transmembrane domain of IGSF4 that increases TCR avidity. Front Immunol. 2021 Feb 1;11:591054. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2020.591054
6. Mun SA, Park J, Park KR, Lee Y, Kang JY, Park T, Jin M, Yang J, Jun CD, Eom SH. Structural and Biochemical Characterization of EFhd1/Swiprosin-2, an Actin-Binding Protein in Mitochondria. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2021 Jan 18;8:628222. doi: 10.3389/fcell.2020.628222.
7. Yin L-M, Schnoor M, Jun CD. Structural characteristics, binding partners and related diseases of the calponin homology (CH) domain. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2020 May 14;8:342. doi: 10.3389/fcell.2020.00342.
8. Kim HR, Jun CD. T cell microvilli: Sensors or Senders? Front Immunol. 2019 July 30;10:1753. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2019.01753.
9. Lee CG, Kwon HK, Kang H, Kim Y, Nam JH, Won YH, Park S, Kim T, Kang K, Rudra D, Jun CD, Park ZY, Im SH. Ets1 suppresses atopic dermatitis by suppressing pathogenic T cell responses. JCI Insight. 2019 Mar 7;4(5). pii: 124202. doi: 10.1172/jci.insight.124202.
10. Cho H, Kim JH, Jun CD, Jung DW, Williams DR. CAF-Derived IL6 and GM-CSF Cooperate to Induce M2-like TAMs-Response. Clinical cancer research. 2019 Jan 15;25(2):894-895.
11. Thylur RP, Ahn SY, Jung E, Jun CD*, Hyun YM. Conserved Noncoding Sequences Boost ADR1 and SP1 Regulated Human Swiprosin-1 Promoter Activity. Sci Rep. 2018 Nov 7;8(1):16481. *Co-corresponding author.
12. Verma R, Lee C, Jeun EJ, Yi J, Kim KS, Ghosh A, Byun S, Lee CG, Kang HJ, Kim GC, Jun CD, Jan G, Suh CH, Jung JY, Sprent J, Rudra D, De Castro C, Molinaro A, Surh CD, Im SH. Cell surface polysaccharides of Bifidobacterium bifidum induce the generation of Foxp3+ regulatory T cells. Sci Immunol. 2018 Oct 19;3(28).
13. Kim HR, Mun Y, Lee KS, Park YJ, Park JS, Park JH, Jeon BN, Kim CH, Jun Y, Hyun YM, Kim M, Lee SM, Park CS, Im SH, Jun CD. T cell microvilli constitute immunological synaptosomes that carry messages to antigen-presenting cells. Nat Commun. 2018 Sep 7;9(1):3630. Posted in Biocompare News (Sep 12, 2018). Recommended by F1000Prime (Sep 26, 2018).
14. Jeon BN, Kim HR, Chung YS, Na BR, Park H, Hong C, Yasmin F, Oh H, Kim CH, Jun CD. Actin stabilizer TAGLN2 potentiates adoptive T cell therapy by boosting the inside-out costimulation via lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1. OncoImmunology. 2018 Sep 6, 7(12):e1500674
15. Lee SH, Park SA, Zou Y, Seo SU, Jun CD, Lee WJ, Hyun YM, Cho NH. Real-Time Monitoring of Cancer Cells in Live Mouse Bone Marrow. Front Immunol. 2018 Aug 2;9:1681.
16. Jo S, Kim HR, Mun YV, Jun CD. Transgelin-2 in immunity: Its implication in cell therapy. J Leukoc Biol. 2018 May 11. 104(5):903-910.
17. Kim HR, Kwon MS, Lee S, Mun Y, Lee KS, Kim CH, Na BR, Kim BNR, Piragyte I, Lee HS, Jun Y, Jin MS, Hyun YM, Jung HS, Mun JY, Jun CD. TAGLN2 polymerizes G-actin in a low ionic state but blocks Arp2/3-nucleated actin branching in physiological conditions. Sci Rep. 2018 Apr 3;8(1):5503. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-23816-2.
18. Thylur RP, Gowda R, Mishra S, Jun CD. Swiprosin-1: Its Expression and Diverse Biological Functions. J Cell Biochem. 2018 Jan. 119(1):150-156.
19. Chae CS, Kim GC, Park ES, Lee CG, Verma R, Cho HL, Jun CD, Yoo YJ, Im SH. NFAT1 Regulates Systemic Autoimmunity through the Modulation of a Dendritic Cell Property. J Immunol. 2017 Nov 1;199(9):3051-3062.
20. Nguyen TTM, Lee HS, Nguyen TT, Ngo TQM, Jun CD, Min BS, Kim JA. Four New Lignans and IL-2 Inhibitors from Magnoliae Flos. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2017;65(9):840-847.
21. Kim HR, Lee HS, Lee KS, Jung ID, Kwon MS, Kim CH, Kim SM, Yoon MH, Park YM, Lee SM, Jun CD. An Essential Role for TAGLN2 in Phagocytosis of Lipopolysaccharide-activated Macrophages. Sci Rep. 2017 Aug 18;7(1):8731.
22. Kim KD, Bae S, Capece T, Nedelkovska H, de Rubio RG, Smrcka AV, Jun CD, Jung W, Park B, Kim TI, Kim M. Targeted calcium influx boosts cytotoxic T lymphocyte function in the tumour microenvironment. Nat Commun. 2017 May 15; 8:15365.
23. Park KR, An JY, Kang JY, Lee JG, Lee Y, Mun SA, Jun CD, Song WK, Eom SH Structural mechanism underlying regulation of human EFhd2/Swiprosin-1 actin-bundling activity by Ser183 phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017 Jan 29;483(1):442-448.
24. Park KR, Kwon MS, An JY, Lee JG, Youn HS, Lee Y, Kang JY, Kim TG, Lim JJ, Park JS, Lee SH, Song WK, Cheong HK, Jun CD, Eom SH. Structural implications of Ca2+-dependent actin-bundling function of human EFhd2/Swiprosin-1. Sci Rep. 2016 Dec 15;6:39095.
25. Na BR, Kwon MS, Chae MW, Kim HR, Kim CH, Jun CD, Park ZY. Transgelin-2 in B-Cells Controls T-Cell Activation by Stabilizing T Cell - B Cell Conjugates. PLoS One. 2016 May 27;11(5):e0156429.
26. Lee HS, Choi EJ, Lee KS, Kim HR, Na BR, Kwon MS, Jeong GS, Choi HG, Choi EY, Jun CD. Oral Administration of p-Hydroxycinnamic Acid Attenuates Atopic Dermatitis by Downregulating Th1 and Th2 Cytokine Production and Keratinocyte Activation. PLos One. 2016 Mar9; 11(3):e0150952.
27. Kim CH, Kim YD, Choi EK, Kim HR, Na BR, Im SH, Jun CD. Nuclear Speckle-Related Protein 70 Binds to Serine/Arginine-Rich Splicing Factor-1 and -2 Via an Arginine/Serine-Like Region and Counteracts Their Alternative Splicing Activity. J Biol Chem. 2016 Jan 21. 291(12):6169-81.
28. Kwon HK, Kim GC, Hwang JS, Kim Y, Chae CS, Nam JH, Jun CD, Rudra D, Surh CD, Im SH. Transcription factor NFAT1 controls allergic contact hypersensitivity through regulation of activation induced cell death program. Sci Rep. 2016 Jan 18;6:19453.
29. Lee HS, Choi EJ, Choi H, Lee KS, Kim HR, Na BR, Kwon MS, Jeong GS, Choi HG, Choi EY, Jun CD. Oral Administration of 4-Hydroxy-3-Methoxycinnamaldehyde Attenuates Atopic Dermatitis by Inhibiting T Cell and Keratinocyte Activation. PLos One. 2015 Dec 10;10(12):e0144521
30. Na BR, Jun CD. TAGLN2-mediated actin stabilization at the immunological synapse: implication for cytotoxic T cell control of target cells. BMB Rep. 2015 Jul;48(7):369-70.
31. Huh YH, Oh S, Yeo YR, Chae IH, Kim SH, Lee JS, Yun SJ, Choi KY, Ryu JH, Jun CD, Song WK. Swiprosin-1 stimulates cancer invasion and metastasis by increasing the Rho family of GTPase signaling. Oncotarget. 2015 May 30; 6(15):13060-71.
32. Na BR, Kim HR, Piragyte I, Oh HM, Kwon MS, Akber U, Lee HS, Park DS, Song WK, Park ZY, Im SH, Rho MC, Hyun YM, Kim M, Jun CD. TAGLN2 regulates T cell activation by stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton at the immunological synapse. J Cell Biol. 2015 Apr 13;209(1):143-62
33. Jang SH, Jun CD, Park ZY. Label-free quantitative phosphorylation analysis of human transgelin2 in Jurkat T cells reveals distinct phosphorylation patterns under PKA and PKC activation conditions. Proteome Sci. 2015 Mar 26;13:14
34. Akber U, Na BR, Ko YS, Lee HS, Kim HR, Kwon MS, Park ZY, Choi EJ, Han WC, Lee SH, Oh HM, Jun CD. Phytocomponent 4-hydroxy-3-methoxycinnamaldehyde ablates T-cell activation by targeting protein kinase C-θ and its downstream pathways. Int Immunopharmacol. 2015 Mar;25(1):130-40.
35. Hwang JS, Kim GC, Park E, Kim JE, Chae CS, Hwang W, Lee C, Hwang SM, Wang HS, Jun CD, Rudra D, Im SH. NFAT1 and JunB cooperatively regulate IL-31 gene expression in CD4+ T cells in health and disease. J Immunol. 2015 Feb 15;194(4):1963-74.
36. Choi DB, Park MR, Kim HR, Jun CD, Kim HJ, Shim H, Kim YD, Choi C, Choi KH, Yun KJ, Chae SC, Park R, Choe SK, Lee YJ, Park DS. Aberrant proteomic expression of NSRP70 and its clinical implications and connection to the transcriptional level in adult acute leukemia. Leuk Res. 2014 Oct;38(10):1252-9.
37. So JS, Kim GC, Song M, Lee CG, Park E, Kim HJ, Kim YS, Jun CD, Im SH. 6-Methoxyflavone inhibits NFAT translocation into the nucleus and suppresses T cell activation. J Immunol. 2014 Sep 15;193(6):2772-83.
38. Park SH, Kim HR, Jun CD, Song WK, Park SG. Spin90 deficiency increases CXCL13-mediated B cell migration. Scand J Immunol. 2014 Sep;80(3):191-7.
39. Kwon MS, Park KR, Kim YD, Na BR, Kim HR, Choi HJ, Piragyte I, Jeon H, Chung KH, Song WK, Eom SH, Jun CD. Swiprosin-1 is a novel actin bundling protein that regulates cell spreading and migration. PLoS One. 2013 Aug 15;8(8):e71626.
40. Huh YH, Kim SH, Chung KH, Oh S, Kwon MS, Choi HW, Rhee S, Ryu JH, Park ZY, Jun CD, Song WK. Swiprosin-1 modulates actin dynamics by regulating the F-actin accessibility to cofilin. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013 Aug 21, 70(24):4841-4854.
41. Na BR, Kim HR, Kwon MS, Lee HS, Piragyte I, Choi EJ, Choi HK, Han WC, Lee SH, Jun CD. Aplotaxene blocks T cell activation by modulation of protein kinase C-θ-dependent pathway. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013 Dec;62:23-31.
42. Kim HR, Na BR, Kwon MS, Ko YS, Han WC, Jun CD. Dynamic Motile T Cells Highly Respond to the T Cell Stimulation via PI3K-Akt and NF-kB Pathways. PLoS One. 2013 March 26;8(3):e59793.
43. Park HY, Jun CD, Jeon SJ, Choi SS, Kim HR, Choi DB, Kwak S, Lee HS, Cheong JS, So HS, Lee YJ, Park DS. Serum YKL-40 Levels Correlate with Infarct Volume, Stroke Severity, and Functional Outcome in Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients. PLoS One. 2012 Dec;7(12):e51722.
44. Kim HR, Jun CD, Lee KS, Cho JH, Jeong ET, Yang SH, Lee YJ, Park DS. Levels of YKL-40 in pleural effusions and blood from patients with pulmonary or pleural disease. Cytokine. 2012 Jun;58(3):336-43.
45. Kim HR, Jeon BH, Lee HS, Im SH, Araki M, Araki K, Yamamura K, Chio SC, Park DS, Jun CD. IGSF4 is a novel TCR -chain-interacting protein that enhances TCR-mediated signaling. J Exp Med. 2011 Nov 21;208(12):2545-60
46. Choi H, Lee S, Jun CD, Park ZY. Development of an off-line capillary column IMAC phosphopeptide enrichment method for label-free phosphorylation relative quantification. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2011 Aug 31.
47. Choi EJ, Lee S, Chae JR, Lee HS, Jun CD, Kim SH. Eupatilin inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced expression of inflammatory mediators in macrophages. Life Sci. 2011 Jun 20;88(25-26):1121-6.
48. Choi EJ, Lee S, Hwang JS, Im SH, Jun CD, Lee HS, Kim SH. DA-9601 suppresses 2, 4-dinitrochlorobenzene and dust mite extract-induced atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011 Apr 19
49. Kim YD, Lee JY, Oh KM, Araki M, Araki K, Yamamura K, Jun CD. NSrp70 is a novel nuclear speckle–related protein that modulates alternative pre-mRNA splicing in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011 May 1;39(10):4300-14.
50. Oh HM, Kwon MS, Kim HJ, Jeon BH, Kim HR, Choi HO, Na BR, Eom SH, Song NW, Jun CD. Intermediate monomer-dimer equilibrium structure of native ICAM-1: Implication for enhanced cell adhesion. Exp Cell Res. 2011 Jan 15;317(2):163-72.
51. Kim HR, Jun CD, Lee YJ, Yang SH, Jeong ET, Park SD, Park DS. Levels of circulating IL-33 and eosinophil cationic protein in patients with hypereosinophilia or pulmonary eosinophilia. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2010 Oct;126(4):880-882.
52. Jo JH, Kwon MS, Choi HO, Oh HM, Kim HJ, Jun CD. Recycling and LFA-1-dependent trafficking of ICAM-1 to the immunological synapse. J Cell Biochem 2010 Dec 1;111(5):1125-37.
53. Thylur RP, Kim YD, Kwon MS, Oh HM, Kwon HK, Kim SH, Im SH, Chun JS, Park ZY, Jun CD. Swiprosin-1 is expressed in mast cells and up-regulated through the protein kinase CbetaI/eta pathway. J Cell Biochem 2009 Aug 19;108(3):705-715.
54. Kim YD, Choi SC, Oh TY, Chun JS, Jun CD. Eupatilin inhibits T-cell activation by modulation of intracellular calcium flux and NF-kappaB and NF-AT activity. J Cell Biochem 2009 Jun 29. 108(1):225-236.
55. Wee H, Oh HM, Jo JH, Jun CD. ICAM-1/LFA-1 interaction contributes to the induction of endothelial cell-cell separation: implication for enhanced leukocyte diapedesis. Experimental & molecular medicine 2009 May 31;41(5):341-8.
56. Choi EJ, Oh HM, Wee H, Choi CS, Choi SC, Kim KH, Han WC, Oh TY, Kim SH, Jun CD. Eupatilin exhibits a novel anti-tumor activity through the induction of cell cycle arrest and differentiation of gastric carcinoma AGS cells. Differentiation. 2009 Apr;77(4):412-423.
57. Oh HM, Lee S, Park YN, Choi EJ, Choi JY, Kim JA, Kweon JH, Han WC, Choi SC, Han JK, Son JK, Lee SH, Jun CD. Ammonium glycyrrhizinate protects gastric epithelial cells from hydrogen peroxide-induced cell death. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009 Mar;234(3):263-77.
58. Lee SW, Kim YK, Kim K, Lee HS, Choi JH, Lee WS, Jun CD, Park JH, Lee JM, Rho MC. Alkamides from the fruits of Piper longum and Piper nigrum displaying potent cell adhesion inhibition. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2008 Aug 15;18(16):4544-6.
59. Lee S, Oh HM, Lim WB, Choi EJ, Park YN, Kim JA, Choi JY, Hong SJ, Oh HK, Son JK, Lee SH, Kim OJ, Choi HR, Jun CD. Gene induction by glycyrol to apoptosis through endonuclease G in tumor cells and prediction of oncogene function by microarray analysis. Anticancer Drugs. 2008 Jun;19(5):503-15.
60. Kwon HK, So JS, Lee CG, Sahoo A, Yi HJ, Park JN, Lim SY, Hwang KC, Jun CD, Chun JS, Im SH. Foxp3 induces IL-4 gene silencing by affecting nuclear translocation of NFkappaB and chromatin structure. Mol Immunol. 2008 Jun;45(11):3205-12.
61. Lee SK, Lee J, Min SK, Won DH, Lee YM, Lim HD, Lee W, Pae HO, Chung HT, Jun CD, Lee SK, Kim EC. Iron chelator differentially activates macrophage inflammatory protein-3alpha/CCL20 in immortalized and malignant human oral keratinocytes. Arch Oral Biol. 2008 Sep;53(9):801-9.
62. Choi EJ, Oh HM, Na BR, Ramesh TP, Lee HJ, Choi CS, Choi SC, Oh TY, Choi SJ, Chae JR, Kim SW, Jun CD. Eupatilin Protects Gastric Epithelial Cells from Oxidative Damage and Down-Regulates Genes Responsible for the Cellular Oxidative Stress. Pharm Res. 2008 Jun;25(6):1355-64.
63. Yun YG, Jeon BH, Lee JH, Lee SK, Lee HJ, Jung KH; Jun‐Lee, Jun CD, Lee SK, Kim EC. Verticinone induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in immortalized and malignant human oral keratinocytes. Phytother Res. 2008 Mar;22(3):416-23.
64. Lee J, Lee HJ, Park JD, Lee SK, Lee SI, Lim HD, Lee YM, Yun YG, Jeon BH, Ree IS, Jun CD, Lee SK, Kim EC. Anti-cancer activity of highly purified sulfur in immortalized and malignant human oral keratinocytes. Toxicol In Vitro. 2008 Feb;22(1):87-95.
65. Lee SH, Park HH, Kim JE, Kim JA, Kim YH, Kim SH, Jun CD. Allose Gallates Suppress Expression of Pro-Inflammatory Cytokines through Attenuation of NF-kappaB in Human Mast Cells. Planta Med. 2007 Jul;73(8):769-73.
66. Choi EY, Park ZY, Choi EJ, Oh HM, Lee S, Choi SC, Lee KM, Im SH, Chun JS, Jun CD. Transcriptional regulation of IL-8 by iron chelator in human epithelial cells is independent from NF-kappaB but involves ERK1/2- and p38 kinase-dependent activation of AP-1. J Cell Biochem. 2007 Dec 15;102(6):1442-57.
67. Oh HM, Lee S, Na BR, Wee H, Kim SH, Choi SC, Lee KM, Jun CD. RKIKK Motif in the Intracellular Domain Is Critical for Spatial and Dynamic Organization of ICAM-1: Functional Implication for the Leukocyte Adhesion and Transmigration. Mol Biol Cell. 2007 Jun;18(6):2322-35.
68. Kim SH, Lee S, Suk K, Bark H, Jun CD, Kim DK, Choi CH, Yoshimura T. Discoidin domain receptor 1 mediates collagen-induced nitric oxide production in J774A.1 murine macrophages. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007 Feb 1;42(3):343-52.
69. Choi EY, Lee S, Oh HM, Kim YD, Choi EJ, Kim SH, Kim SW, Choi SC, Jun CD. Involvement of protein kinase C delta in iron chelator-induced IL-8 production in human intestinal epithelial cells. Life Sci. 2007 Jan 9;80(5):436-45.
70. Lee SK, Park DY, Lee HJ, Lee J, Choi MK, Jeon BH, Jun CD, Lee SK, Kim EC. Functional interaction between nitric oxide-induced iron homeostasis and heme oxygenase-1 in immortalized and malignant oral keratinocytes. Cancer Lett. 2007 May 8;249(2):283-93.
71. Lee S, Park HH, Son HY, Ha JH, Lee MG, Oh TY, Sohn DH, Jeong TC, Lee SH, Son JK, Lee SG, Jun CD, Kim SH. DA-9601 inhibits activation of the human mast cell line HMC-1 through inhibition of NF-kappaB. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2007 Mar;23(2):105-12.
72. Choi SC, Choi EJ, Oh HM, Lee S, Lee JK, Lee MS, Shin YI, Choi SJ, Chae JR, Lee KM, Lee WJ, Park JS, Shin CY, Oh TY, Jun CD. DA-9601, a standardized extract of Artemisia asiatica, blocks TNF-alpha-induced IL-8 and CCL20 production by inhibiting p38 kinase and NF-kappaB pathways in human gastric epithelial cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2006 Aug;12(30):4850-8.
73. Lee HJ, Son DH, Lee SK, Lee J, Jun CD, Jeon BH, Lee SK, Kim EC. Extract of coptidis rhizoma induces cytochrome-c dependent apoptosis in immortalized and malignant human oral keratinocytes. Phytother Res. 2006 Sep;20(9):773-9.
74. Jun CD, Kim Y, Choi EY, Kim M, Park B, Youn B, Yu K, Choi KS, Yoon KH, Choi SC, Lee MS, Park KI, Choi M, Chung Y, Oh J. Gliotoxin reduces the severity of trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid-induced colitis in mice: evidence of the connection between heme oxygenase-1 and the nuclear factor-kappaB pathway in vitro and in vivo. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2006 Jul;12(7):619-29.
75. Lee SK, Kim SH, Lee HJ, Lee J, Jeon BH, Jun CD, Lee SK, Kim EC. Dual effect of nitric oxide in immortalized and malignant human oral keratinocytes: induction of apoptosis and differentiation. J. Oral Pathol Med. 2006 Jul;35(6):352-60 .
76. Lee SK, Jang HJ, Lee HJ, Jeon BH, Jun CD, Lee SK, Kim EC. p38 and ERK MAP kinase mediates iron chelator-induced apoptosis and -suppressed differentiation of immortalized and malignant human oral keratinocytes. Life Sci. 2006 Sep 5;79(15):1419-27.
77. Seo GS, Lee SH, Choi SC, Choi EY, Oh HM, Choi EJ, Park DS, Kim SW, Kim TH, Nah YH, Kim S, Kim SH, You SH, Jun CD. Iron chelator induces THP-1 cell differentiation potentially by modulating intracellular glutathione levels. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006 May 1;40(9):1502-12.
78. Shin TY, Oh JM, Choi BJ, Park WH, Kim CH, Jun CD, Kim SH. Anti-inflammatory effect of Poncirus trifoliata fruit through inhibition of NF-kappaB activation in mast cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2006 Oct;20(7):1071-6.
79. Lee SK, Lee JJ, Lee HJ, Lee J, Jeon BH, Jun CD, Lee SK, Kim EC. Iron-chelator-induced growth arrest and cytochrome c-dependent apoptosis in immortalized and malignant oral keratinocytes. J Oral Pathol Med. 2006 Apr;35(4):218-26 .
80. Kim SH, Jun CD, Suk K, Choi BJ, Lim H, Park S, Lee SH, Shin HY, Kim DK, Shin TY. Gallic Acid Inhibits Histamine Release and Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Production in Mast Cells. Toxicol Sci. 2006 May;91(1):123-31.
81. Lee HJ, Choi SC, Lee MH, Oh HM, Choi EY, Choi EJ, Yun KJ, Seo GS, Kim SW, Lee JG, Han WC, Park KI, Jun CD. Increased Expression of MIP-3α/CCL20 in Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells from Patients with Ulcerative Colitis and Its Down-regulation by Sulfasalazine and Glucocorticoid Treatment. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2005 Dec;11(12):1070-79.
82. Oh HM, Lee HJ, Seo GS, Choi EY, Kweon SH, Chun CH, Han WC, Lee KM, Lee MS, Choi SC, Jun CD. Induction and Localization of NOD2 Protein in Human Endothelial Cells. Cell Immunol. 2005 Sep;237(1):37-44.
83. Kim SH, Park HH, Lee S, Jun CD, Choi BJ, Kim SY, Kim SH, Kim DK, Park JS, Chae BS, Shin TY. The anti-anaphylactic effect of the gall of Rhus javanica is mediated through inhibition of histamine release and inflammatory cytokine secretion. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005 Dec;5(13-14):1820-9.
84. Lee HJ, Choi SC, Choi EY, Lee MH, Seo GS, Kim EC, Yang BJ, Lee MS, Shin YI, Park KI, Jun CD. Iron chelator induces MIP-alpha/CCL20 in human intestinal epithelial cells: implication for triggering mucosal adaptive immunity. Exp Mol Med. 2005 Aug 31;37(4):297-310.
85. Lee HJ, Guo HY, Lee SK, Jeon BH, Jun CD, Lee SK, Park MH, Kim EC. Effects of nicotine on proliferation, cell cycle, and differentiation in immortalized and malignant oral keratinocytes. J Oral Pathol Med. 2005 Aug;34(7):436-43.
86. Shin TY, Kim SH, Suk K, Ha JH, Kim I, Lee MG, Jun CD, Kim SY, Lim JP, Eun JS, Shin HY, Kim HM. Anti-allergic effects of Lycopus lucidus on mast cell-mediated allergy model. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2005 Jun 1;209(3):255-62.
87. Kim SW, Choi SC, Choi EY, Kim KS, Oh JM, Lee HJ, Oh HM, Seo GS, Kim TH, Oh HC, Woo WH, Kim YS, Pae HO, Park DS, Jun CD. Catalposide, a Compound Isolated from Catalpa ovata, Attenuates Induction of Intestinal Epithelial Proinflammatory Gene Expression and Reduces the Severity of Trinitrobenzene Sulfonic Acid-Induced Colitis in Mice. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2004 Sep;10(5):564-72.
88. Oh HM, Choi SC, Lee HS, Chun CH, Seo GS, Choi EY, Lee HJ, Lee MS, Yeom JJ, Choi SJ, Han WC, Oh JM, Chung YT, Chun JS, Lee KM, Jun CD. Combined action of extracellular signal-regulated kinase and p38 kinase rescues Molt4 T cells from nitric oxide-induced apoptotic and necrotic cell death. Free Radic Biol Med. 2004 Aug 15;37(4):463-79.
89. Kang HS, Park EK, Kim KH, Park JY, Choi JY, Shin HI, Jun CD, Kang SS, Kim SY. Receptor Activator of Nuclear Factor-kB Is Induced by a Rottlerin-sensitive and p38 MAP Kinase-dependent Pathway during Monocyte Differentiation. Mol Cells. 2004, Jun 30;17(3):438-45.
90. Choi EY, Kim EC, Oh HM, Kim SH, Lee HJ, Cho EY, Yoon KH, Kim EA, Han WC, Choi SC, Hwang JY, Park C, Oh BS, Kim YY, Kim KC, Park KI, Chung HT, Jun CD. Iron Chelator Triggers Inflammatory Signals in Human Intestinal Epithelial Cells: Involvement of p38 and Extracellular Signal-Regulated Kinase Signaling Pathways. J Immunol. 2004, Jun 1;172(11):7069-77.
91. Jun CD, Yang Y, Liu JH, Zhang R, Jochimiak A, Springer TA, Wang JH. Structural Basis for Dimerization of ICAM-1 on The Cell Surface Mol Cell. 2004 Apr 23;14(2):269-76.
92. Choi BM, Pae HO, Jeong YR, Oh GS, Jun CD, Kim BR, Kim YM, Chung HT. Overexpression of Heme Oxygenase (HO)-1 Renders Jurkat T Cells Resistant to Fas-Mediated Apoptosis: Involvement of Iron Released by HO-1. Free Radic Biol Med. 2004 Apr 1;36(7):858-71.
93. Carman CV, Jun CD, Salas A, Springer TA. Endothelial Cells Proactively Form Microvilli-Like Membrane Projections upon Intercellular Adhesion Molecule 1 Engagement of Leukocyte LFA-1. J Immunol. 2003 Dec 1;171(11):6135-44.
94. Choi SC, Oh HM, Park JS, Han WC, Yoon KH, Kim TH, Yun KJ, Kim EC, Nah YH, Cha YN, Chung HT, Jun CD. Soluble Factor From Murine Bladder Tumor-2 Cell Elevates Nitric Oxide Production in Macrophages and Enhances the Taxol-Mediated Macrophage Cytotoxicity on Tumor Cells. Cancer Invest. 2003 Nov;21(5):708-19.
95. Choi SC, Kim BS, Song MY, Choi EY, Oh HM, Han WC, Moon HB, Kim TH, Oh JM, Chung HT, and Jun CD. Down-regulation of p38 Kinase Pathway by cAMP Response Element-binding Protein Protects HL-60 Cells from Iron Chelator-induced Apoptosis. Free Radic Biol Med. 2003 Nov 15;35(10):1171-84.
96. Oh HM, Oh JM, Choi SC, Kim SW, Han WC, Kim TH, Park DS, and Jun CD. An Efficient Method for the Rapid Establishment of Epstein-Barr Virus Immortalization of Human B Lymphocytes. Cell Prolif. 2003 Aug;36(4):191-7.
97. Kim BS, Yoon KH, Oh HM, Choi EY, Kim SW, Han WC, Kim EA, Choi SC, Kim TH,Yun KJ, Kim EC, Lyou JH, Nah YH, Chung HT, Cha YN, Jun CD. Involvement of p38 MAP kinase during iron chelator-mediated apoptotic cell death. Cell Immunol. 2002 Dec;220(2):96-106.
98. Kim SW, Oh HM, Kim BS, Chung HT, Han WC, Kim EC, Kim TH, Seo GS, Lyou JH, Nah YH, Jung JC, Choi SC, Jun CD. Soluble factor from tumor cells induces heme oxygenase-1 by a nitric oxide-independent mechanism in murine peritoneal macrophages. Exp Mol Med. 2003 Feb 28;35(1):53-9.
99. Ju JW, Kim SJ, Jun CD, Chun JS. p38 kinase and c-Jun N-terminal kinase oppositely regulates tumor necrosis factor α-Induced vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression and cell adhesion in chondrosarcoma cells. IUBMB Life. 2002 Nov;54(5):293-9.
100. Shimaoka M, Xiao T, Liu JH, Yang Y, Dong Y, Jun CD, McCormack A, Zhang R, Joachimiak A, Takagi J, Wang JH, Springer TA. Structures of the aL I domain and its complex with ICAM-1 reveal a shape-shifting pathway for integrin regulation. Cell. 2003 Jan 10;112(1):99-111.
101. Jun CD, Carman CV, Redick SD, Shimaoka M, Erickson HP, Springer TA. Ultrastructure and function of dimeric, soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1). J Biol Chem. 2001 Aug 3;276(31):29019-27.
102. Jun CD, Shimaoka M, Carman CV, Takagi J, Springer TA. Dimerization and the effectiveness of ICAM-1 in mediating LFA-1-dependent adhesion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001 Jun 5;98(12):6830-5.
103. Pae HO, Seo WG, Kim NY, Oh GS, Kim GE, Kim YH, Kwak HJ, Yun YG, Jun CD, Chung HT. Induction of granulocytic differentiation in acute promyelocytic leukemia cells (HL-60) by water-soluble chitosan oligomer. Leuk Res. 2001 Apr;25(4):339-46.
104. Seo WG, Pae HO, Kim NY, Oh GS, Park IS, Kim YH, Kim YM, Lee YH, Jun CD, Chung HT. Synergistic cooperation between water-soluble chitosan oligomers and interferon-gamma for induction of nitric oxide synthesis and tumoricidal activity in murine peritoneal macrophages. Cancer Lett. 2000 Oct 31;159(2):189-95.
105. Choi BM, Park R, Pae HO, Yoo JC, Kim YC, Jun CD, Jung BH, Oh GS, So HS, Kim YM, Chung HT. Cyclic adenosine monophosphate inhibits ursolic acid-induced apoptosis via activation of protein kinase A in human leukaemic HL-60 cells. Pharmacol Toxicol. 2000 Feb;86(2):53-8.
106. Kim NY, Pae HO, Ko YS, Yoo JC, Choi BM, Jun CD, Chung HT, Inagaki M, Higuchi R, Kim YC. In vitro inducible nitric oxide synthesis inhibitory active constituents from Fraxinus rhynchophylla. Planta Med. 1999 Oct;65(7):656-8.
107. Chung HT, Sohn DH, Choi BM, Yoo JC, Pae HO, Jun CD. In vitro and in vivo modulation of transforming growth factor beta 1 gene expression by antisense oligomer. Methods Enzymol. 2000;314:493-9.
108. Kang TH, Pae HO, Jeong SJ, Yoo JC, Choi BM, Jun CD, Chung HT, Miyamoto T, Higuchi R, Kim YC. Scopoletin: an inducible nitric oxide synthesis inhibitory active constituent from Artemisia feddei. Planta Med. 1999 Jun;65(5):400-3.
109. Jun CD, Pae HO, Kwak HJ, Yoo JC, Choi BM, Oh CD, Chun JS, Paik SG, Park YH, Chung HT. Modulation of nitric oxide-induced apoptotic death of HL-60 cells by protein kinase C and protein kinase A through mitogen-activated protein kinases and CPP32-like protease pathways. Cell Immunol. 1999 May 25;194(1):36-46.
110. Pae HO, Yoo JC, Jun CD, Paik SG, Choi BM, Baek KH, Kim JM, Chung HT. Increased intracellular cAMP renders HL-60 cells resistant to cytotoxicity of taxol. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 1999 May;21(2):233-45.
111. Jun CD, Oh CD, Kwak HJ, Pae HO, Yoo JC, Choi BM, Chun JS, Park RK, Chung HT. Overexpression of protein kinase C isoforms protects RAW 264.7 macrophages from nitric oxide-induced apoptosis: involvement of c-Jun N-terminal kinase/stress-activated protein kinase, p38 kinase, and CPP-32 protease pathways. J Immunol. 1999 Mar 15;162(6):3395-401.
112. Jun CD, Pae HO, Kim YC, Jeong SJ, Yoo JC, Lee EJ, Choi BM, Chae SW, Park RK, Chung HT. Inhibition of nitric oxide synthesis by butanol fraction of the methanol extract of Ulmus davidiana in murine macrophages. J Ethnopharmacol. 1998 Sep;62(2):129-35.
113. Kwak HJ, Jun CD, Pae HO, Yoo JC, Park YC, Choi BM, Na YG, Park RK, Chung HT, Chung HY, Park WY, Seo JS. The role of inducible 70-kDa heat shock protein in cell cycle control, differentiation, and apoptotic cell death of the human myeloid leukemic HL-60 cells. Cell Immunol. 1998 Jul 10;187(1):1-12.
114. So HS, Park RK, Kim MS, Lee SR, Jung BH, Chung SY, Jun CD, Chung HT. Nitric oxide inhibits c-Jun N-terminal kinase 2 (JNK2) via S-nitrosylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998 Jun 29;247(3):809-13.
115. Jun CD, Pae HO, Yoo JC, Kwak HJ, Park RK, Chung HT. Cyclic adenosine monophosphate inhibits nitric oxide-induced apoptosis in human leukemic HL-60 cells. Cell Immunol. 1998 Jan 10;183(1):13-21.
116. Kook YA, Jun CD, Hong SG, Zernik J, Kim EC, Kim SC, Kang SS, Chung HT. Stage-related chondrogenic potential of human limb bud mesenchyme cells, in vitro:role of protein kinase C. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 1998 Mar;34(3):197-9.
117. Pae HO, Jun CD, Yoo JC, Kwak HJ, Lee SJ, Kook YA, Park RK, Chung HT. Enhancing and priming of macrophages for superoxide anion production by taxol. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 1998 Feb;20(1):27-37.
118. Park YC, Park SJ, Jun CD, Kim GE, Park KI, Kim HD, Park RK, Chung HT. Cyclic AMP analogue as a triggering signal for the induction of nitric oxide synthesis in murine peritoneal macrophages. Cell Immunol. 1997 Jul 10;179(1):41-7.
119. Chung HT, Choi BM, Jun CD, Park SD, Rim JS. Antisense transforming growth factor-beta 1 in wound healing. Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev. 1997 Jun;7(3):257-61.
120. Ryu H, Jeong SM, Jun CD, Lee JH, Kim JD, Lee BS, Chung HT. Involvement of intracellular Ca2+ during growth hormone-induced priming of human neutrophils. Brain Behav Immun. 1997 Mar;11(1):39-46.
121. Jun CD, Park SJ, Choi BM, Kwak HJ, Park YC, Kim MS, Park RK, Chung HT. Potentiation of the activity of nitric oxide by the protein kinase C activator phorbol ester in human myeloid leukemic HL-60 cells: association with enhanced fragmentation of mature genomic DNA. Cell Immunol. 1997 Feb 25;176(1):41-9.
122. Jun CD, Han MK, Kim UH, Chung HT. Nitric oxide induces ADP-ribosylation of actin in murine macrophages: association with the inhibition of pseudopodia formation, phagocytic activity, and adherence on a laminin substratum. Cell Immunol. 1996 Nov 25;174(1):25-34 .
123. Park SJ, Jun CD, Choi BM, Lee EJ, Kim HR, Cho HW, Chung HT. Stem cell factor protects bone marrow-derived cultured mast cells (BMCMC) from cytocidal effect of nitric oxide secreted by fibroblasts in murine BMCMC-fibroblast coculture. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1996 Nov;40(4):721-9.
124. Choi BM, Kwak HJ, Jun CD, Park SD, Kim KY, Kim HR, Chung HT. Control of scarring in adult wounds using antisense transforming growth factor-beta 1 oligodeoxynucleotides. Immunol Cell Biol. 1996 Apr;74(2):144-50.
125. Park YC, Jun CD, Kang HS, Kim HD, Kim HM, Chung HT. Role of intracellular calcium as a priming signal for the induction of nitric oxide synthesis in murine peritoneal macrophages. Immunology. 1996 Feb;87(2):296-302.
126. Jun CD, Yoon HJ, Park YC, Lee SY, Kang SS, Kim HM, Chung HT. Synergistic cooperation between thapsigargin and phorbol ester for induction of nitric oxide synthesis in murine peritoneal macrophages.Free Radic Biol Med. 1996;20(6):769-76.
127. Park YC, Jun CD, Kang HS, Kim HD, Kim HM, Chung HT. Intracellular Ca2+ pool depletion is linked to the induction of nitric oxide synthesis in murine peritoneal macrophages.Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1995 Aug;36(5):949-55.
128. Jun CD, Choi BM, Kim HM, Chung HT. Involvement of protein kinase C during taxol-induced activation of murine peritoneal macrophages. J Immunol. 1995 Jun 15;154(12):6541-7.
129. Jun CD, Choi BM, Kim SU, Lee SY, Kim HM, Chung HT. Down-regulation of transforming growth factor-beta gene expression by antisense oligodeoxynucleotides increases recombinant interferon-gamma-induced nitric oxide synthesis in murine peritoneal macrophages. Immunology. 1995 May;85(1):114-9.
130. Jun CD, Yoon HJ, Kim HM, Chung HT. Fibronectin activates murine peritoneal macrophages for tumor cell destruction in the presence of IFN-gamma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995 Jan 26;206(3):969-74.
131. Ryu H, Jun CD, Lee BS, Choi BM, Kim HM, Chung HT. Effect of qigong training on proportions of T lymphocyte subsets in human peripheral blood. Am J Chin Med. 1995;23(1):27-36.
132. Ryu H, Mo HY, Mo GD, Choi BM, Jun CD, Seo CM, Kim HM, Chung HT. Delayed cutaneous hypersensitivity reactions in Qigong (chun do sun bup) trainees by multitest cell mediated immunity. Am J Chin Med. 1995;23(2):139-44.
133. Yoon HJ, Jun CD, Kim JM, Rim GN, Kim HM, Chung HT. Phorbol ester synergistically increases interferon-gamma-induced nitric oxide synthesis in Neuroimmunomodulation. 1994 Nov-Dec;1(6):377-82.
134. Jun CD, Choi BM, Hoon-Ryu, Um JY, Kwak HJ, Lee BS, Paik SG, Kim HM, Chung HT. Synergistic cooperation between phorbol ester and IFN-gamma for induction of nitric oxide synthesis in murine peritoneal macrophages. J Immunol. 1994 Oct 15;153(8):3684-90.
135. Jun CD, Choi BM, Lee SY, Kang SS, Kim HM, Chung HT. Nitric oxide inhibits the expression of protein kinase C delta gene in the murine peritoneal macrophages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994 Oct 14;204(1):105-11.
136. Jun CD, Lee JY, Lee BS, Choi BM, Um JY, Kwak HJ, Jl KY, Kim HM, Chung HT. Generation of nitric oxide inhibits formation of superoxide in macrophages during activation. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1994 Aug;34(1):1-8.
137. Jun CD, Hoon-Ryu, Um JY, Kim TY, Kim JM, Kang SS, Kim HM, Chung HT. Involvement of protein kinase C in the inhibition of nitric oxide production from murine microglial cells by glucocorticoid. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994 Mar 15;199(2):633-8.
138. Jun CD, Kim SH, Soh CT, Kang SS, Chung HT. Nitric oxide mediates the toxoplasmastatic activity of murine microglial cells in vitro. Immunol Invest. 1993 Dec;22(8):487-501.